Introducing Modera.net version 4.5: Powerful simplicity. Now with more power.
Modera is proud to announce version 4.5 of its comprehensive content management platform, both in standard and pro editions. With an amazing feature set that gives our Enterprise clients unprecedented power and flexibity, it’s our most important release to date.
Here’s what’s new in version 4.5:
- Compatibility with PHP5, including better support for MySQL, integrated SOAP support, and comprehensive support for object-oriented programming.
- Modera now supports the Sitemaps.org standard. Our new sitemap script generates Sitemap.org compliant XML files for easy crawling by all the major search engines, such as Google, Yahoo and MSN. This tool allows the search engines to more intelligently crawl through your site, thus improving the web page’s search engine ranking.
- AJAX-based content structure tree control Our old static folder/page structure tree has been completely redesigned using AJAX. The result is a dynamic drag-n-drop menu system that’s every bit as responsive as the Windows Explorer. Now you can manage pages and subpages in the Modera content management system with one-click simplicity.
- Publishing and expiration dates for pages. Does your site offer time-sensitive promotions and seasonal information? Now you can set publishing and expiration dates for all your pages. Want to promote your Christmas specials? Now you can write the page in July, and know that it’ll be published at just the right time.
- Reusable Page Templates. If you have ever wished that you take one of your existing pages and use it as a basis for new pages, now you can. This is a wonderful tool for creating an extensive series of very similar pages that each have small but critical differences.
- Dashboard permissions modified. Now all logged-in users have access to dashboard to review recent changes, allowing everyone on your staff to stay up-to-speed on the latest page iterations, even if they don’t have write permission.
As if that weren’t enough, Modera also now offers a Pro edition. In addition to the above features, this edition supports Web Clustering and other enterprise-level features.
“So how do I know which edition of Modera is right for me?”
The Pro edition is intended for larger or public organizations that require more precise control over the content publishing process. It helps to enhance administrator work-flow, so that the content editors can prepare all copy and images for release, and reviewers will have the ability check everything over before it all goes live.
Additionally, the professional edition offers what is known as clustering support. For Modera.net solutions that frequently undergo heavy usage, clustering provides flexible tools for monitoring the server resources in use. It can lend additional resources by adding servers on as-needed basis.
Finally, the pro edition can support large quantities of servers, and is robust enough to tackle even the most heavily trafficked sites. We haven’t met a site that could break it yet.
Modera Cluster Schema for very high-traffic websites.